Saturday, March 14, 2009

Chewmonster Spencer

It finally happened. Spencer's good behavior couldn't last forever, I knew that, but I was waiting for the fall. It is here now. I think Spencer must have reached the teenage rebellious stage, because suddenly I cannot leave him alone inside my house anymore for any length of time. Not only does he jump on my bed, furniture he knows he's not allowed to be on, but he now chews my blanket while there. Granted I probably spilled some food on it at some point, but still, you'd think he could leave the sanctity of my bed in tact.

He also has discovered he has a shoe fetish. At first it was just one of my flip flops I use to walk around behind my house. Then it was a pair of my neighbors shoes that she doesn't wear anymore. But it's gotten a bit ridiculous. He chewed up a pair of shoes that the younger brother of my neighbor wore around while doing house chores, and since those are gone now he has to wear his big sisters high heeled sandals to do the work. Then he chewed one each of two different pairs of my flip flops again. This time, he luckily went for the left foot of one pair and the right foot of the other, so at least I still have one pair; they might be mismatched but who cares? I can still wear them around as long as I don't go out in public with them.

Spencer has always like to chew on my wooden furniture, so there's no surprise that every chair leg and bed post has teeth marks in it. But I just bought a new mat for the floor, and what does he do? Chews the papyrus reed to shreds. At least it was only about 3000/=, which is about $1.50. And I wanted this monster in my house? The joys of dog ownership.

1 comment:

CURT BENDER said...

Hi Meg,
Look at the bright side, I know Spencer is irritating and even embarrassing when he gets the neighbors shoes, but at least it isn't dysentary or bed bugs.
Love Ya,
Pops