Thursday, November 6, 2008

Life Goes On

Hi all,

Thought I'd throw in an update on my life. I guess the biggest news is that I got a dog. I named him Spencer, and he is a typical village dog. I'm training him to become an American. It's taking some work, believe me. He is pretty smart though, it took less than a week to potty train him, so I think it can be done. It's a matter of teaching him how to walk on a leash, which most Ugandan's find endlessly amusing. I'll do it though, no matter what kind of humiliation I face walking through the village. He's been vaccinated against rabies and has been neutered, so he's ready for the states.

Teaching continues, and I hope I'm improving. Next week is going to be the last week of classes before finals for the 3rd and final term of the year, and then its 2 months away from school. This is going to be an incredibly quiet time for me, as I will be the only person living at the school. It's a good thing I've got Spencer to keep me company now. And Mom visiting in January, that ought to keep me fairly busy. I've still got to plan the itinerary, but I think it will include Lake Bunyonyi, Bwindi to see the gorillas, Rwanda for a bit, my village, and possibly Queen Elizabeth National Park. I'm pretty excited.

I think my life has become incredibly boring, because I have no new stories to tell. Things are going on as is now usual for me, so I forget what would be interesting to tell you all. Oh well, I have no idea if anyone reads this thing anymore anyway. This is pretty short, but I don't have much to say, so I guess I'll stop here. email me if you want to know anything specific. Peace.

3 comments:

casey said...

Dearest Megan-
I’m STILL READING YOUR BLOG! So, KEEP WRITING and WRITE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will put money on it that you’re not keeping a journal in UG, so you should think of this as your journal. When you get really, really old and your children (ok, my children) ask you about your time in UG this would be an awesome thing to show them!
Talk to you soon buddy;-)
Casey

cindy bender said...

HI MEGAN
I REALLY ENJOY READING YOUR BLOG KEEP WRITING ITS INTERESTING AND A WAY FOR US TO KEEP UP WITH YOUR ADVENTURE GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW FOUND FRIEND SPENCER WE WISH YOU...
CINDY

Gretchen said...

Megan, You are my favorite travel writer, next to Corissa, of course. I love reading your blog and your letters! How are the goats and the cow? Are they still searching you out for sweet potatoes? What may be boring for you is fascinating to me. I love reading about the day to day way your life is organized.

Love,
Gretchen

www.lettaufamily.blogspot.com