Thursday, February 4, 2010

Back in the Saddle

Well, it's that time of year again, the start of school. The students are returning slowly slowly, and teaching has begun. The senior ones won't arrive until the 15th of February, which means I have another week to prepare all of my lessons and get the math club (that's right, we're cool here at Kantare, and we're starting a math club, jealous much?) started and ready to compete. I've made my teaching timetable, color-coded it for ease of use, and hung it on my door. Now all I need are minds for molding.

This will be my last term here at Kantare S.S., so I want to make it a good one. I'm going out with a bang. Or the usual end of term exams, but either way you look at it, I'm nearing the end. I've got a lot to do though, lots of paperwork for administration and I've still got to figure out what I'm doing once I get back. I guess I'm just waiting on responses from grad schools, so not much work there for me, but still, the waiting can be tough. And I get to train some of the incoming volunteers, which should be a good time. I think I'm even hosting one for two weeks, maybe more than one, and that could be interesting. I'll let them teach my classes and see how they do.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Sorry this one is short, but I haven't got a whole lot to say, so peace out and keep on truckin.

1 comment:

casey said...

Hey Megan-
Pretty scary that you'll be responsible for training other volunteers;-) I saw some pics from your trip with Dan; it looked like you guys had a great time! I can't wait to see you in Uganda in a little over a month!!!!!!!