Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back In the UG

Hey everyone,

I'm back in Uganda, safe and sound after 4 hours of car travel, 12 hours of bus travel, and 16 hours of plane travel, not including layovers and just plain waiting around. It was a lovely journey I can tell you, and my ankles won't go back to their normal size for weeks. I'm lucky I didn't get deep vein thrombosis. I'm not sure exactly what that is, but the airline cards in the seat pockets warn you about it, so don't you worry, I did plenty of ankle stretches to prevent it from happening.

That's all I got for now, cause I'm tired and want to sleep, but rest assured that I have returned safely and will get back to saving the world in short order.

cheers

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yo, Megan! How the hell are ya? I've been so bad about keeping up on your blog...I wish I could've met up with you when you were in Madison. I miss you and think of you often. I hope you were able to check everything off your "to do" list:). It sounds like life in Uganda is quite an adventure, as I imagined it would be. I'm glad you have your doggy to keep you company and your new bike, though. Isn't it amazing how having a bicycle suddenly makes you feel a lot more mobile? Are you enjoying teaching? I'm sure you're an awesome teacher.
Life here is good - I just finished my PreK-6 teaching degree and am back teaching at Preschool of the Arts for the year. It's intense, but I love it. I have 3&4 year olds in my classroom.
Well, my goal is to follow your blog on a more regular basis this semester. Be sure to mention when you're coming home next.
Take care of yourself!!!
Love, :)Becky